Defamation, Privacy & Reputation Management
Now in its 25th year this event remains Europe’s longest running defamation conference
Featuring high profile QCs providing updates on the latest cases as well as the leading lawyers assessing the far reaching impact of these judgements
Key highlights of the 2018 Programme:
Black letter law update
- Defamation update
- Article 8 privacy update
- Data protection and the media – key issues
"Fake news", "alternative facts", and implications for the democratic process
- A round up of the latest case law
- Recent CJEU dicta on privacy
- Interesting cases from around Europe
- The overlap between privacy and data protection
The use of confidential information
- What can companies or individuals do when they know that confidential information has been leaked to media?
- What can news organisation do to best ensure that their handling of confidential information is justified and proportionate?
- The government's use of confidential information and the Digital Economy Act
Defamation, Privacy & Reputation Management over the years...
450 + speakers
1600 + attendees
Key speakers at this media law event in 2018:
WHY THIS CONFERENCE?
What to expect:
This conference will take a comprehensive look at the challenges faced by the industry and allows you to obtain expert knowledge on how to tackle these challenges
The entire conference will be held under Chatham House rule, allowing for an open and balanced discussion
A diverse speaking faculty of international experts
Topics Addressed In 2018 Include:
- The Internet of Things
- Internet publication and intermediary liability
- Specific challenges for broadcasters and streamers
- Are libel and privacy cases suitable for arbitration?
- The use of confidential information in a journalistic investigation
Who You Will Meet:
- In-house counsel
- Leading reputation management experts
- National regulators
- Leading lawyers in private practice
- Senior managers and advisers from companies dealing in the sector
Fantastic speakers covering essential topics for litigators.
Excellent overview of emerging issues in media and information law.
Vital and deeply analysed
Delegate 2017 Conference
Leading practitioners sharing their knowledge and experience from the coal face
Delegate 2016 Conference
Interesting informative and honest opinion on a very complex area of law
Delegate 2015 Conference
We have a number of exclusive and innovative sponsorship and speaking options, to help you demonstrate thought leadership in the arena. For more information please contact Tom Wilkerson on Tom.Wilkerson@knect365.com or call +44 (0) 20 3377 3071