Examine the key challenges facing the life sciences industry and prepare your IP for the future
Hear from industry veterans and key legal experts to ensure your IP strategy is positioned for legal viability and commercial growth in a time of unprecedented change.
First-hand update on the UPC
- Hear from Kevin Mooney, the only UK-based lawyer in the Expert Group advising the UPC
- Discuss the key benefits of opting in or out of the unified patent with an in-house panel
- Learn about the ramifications the UPC will have on the SPC model
- Explore the recent CJEU referrals and what they mean for the SPC
Thrive in an uncertain political climate
- Renowned IP litigator Ken Adamo of Kirkland & Ellis LLP to provide a practical understanding of the latest case law and regulation
- Explore how recent and pending Supreme Court judgements will affect IP filing and delivery
- A pan-European discussion on preparing your IP for entry in post-Brexit Britain
- Discuss what is in store for the EMA and how to minimise impact on IP approval
Stay ahead of the competition with your biological patent strategy
- Ensure your IP is defensible and robust by understanding the shifting landscape presented by the EPO and EU Commission
- Formulate a winning IP litigation strategy with top barristers and legal minds
- Get the latest news from the European Commission on biotech diagnostic testing.
Keep your patents global by learning from the BPCIA patent dance and litigation pathway
Key market access strategies for commercially focused IP
- Overcome the barriers to market access for biosimilar and biobetter products
- Find out the latest regarding Pregabalin and its disruptive effect on the second medical use patent
- Discover how the EU Commission and FDA proposals to change orphan drug classification will change your IP strategy
- Hear from experts involved in the Accelerated Access Review on how to shift your IP timetable to maximise patent lifespan.
Staying compliant with regulations and authorities
- Unravel the requirements needed to ensure your IP is a success
- Learn to balance sufficiency and speed
- Explore the pricing pitfalls to consider as an IP practitioner with a focus on the record Pfizer fine
- Uncover the complex relationship between transparency/patient rights and your rights as a patent holder
Network with top IP Minds
Representatives from more than a dozen countries will gather to share their insight and knowledge with the Life Sciences IP community. You will have a chance to discuss the latest issues affecting you and your team through Q+A sessions, networking lunches and a relaxed drinks reception.
MEET YOUR EXPERT SPEAKER LINE-UP
We have a number of exclusive and innovative sponsorship and speaking options, to help you demonstrate thought leadership in the arena.
For more information please contact Ayo Fagbohun on Ayo.Fagbohun@KNect365.com or call +44 (0) 20 7017 4196.