31 July - 4 August 2017
IT Law Summer School
The leading event to gain a comprehensive grounding in all the critical aspects of IT law.
This all-inclusive residential event is led by the top legal experts and designed to equip you with the practical knowledge and ability needed to succeed in the IT sector.
The fundamental event to expand your cyber law knowledge
Whether you have recently started your training contract or are seeking to move into the field of Information Technology, the IT Law Summer School is the perfect choice.
Hear from some of the most respected legal minds from across industry and private practice and spend the evening exploring the beautiful and historic city of Cambridge with your new colleagues.
Now in its 20th year, the IT Summer School remains the fundamental event to give you the knowledge and tools to make your career in IT Law a success.
Build knowledge in key areas of IT law theory and application
Learn the key concepts every legal practitioner needs to know
- Discover the elements and obligations of an IT contract
- Understand legal liability in the digital age
- Grasp the complex relationship between IT and IP
- Get involved in a mock contract debate
Take an indepth look at copyright and procurment
- Hear from the Technology Law Alliance on technology procurement
- Master the complex field of technology public procurement
- Explore the specific copyright issues surrounding software
- Learn about alternative IP licenses and their uses
Tackle the new challenges of corporate transactions
- Make sure your corporate transactions are wrinkle free by understanding the risks and exposure IT brings
- Learn how to structure outsourced tech contracts
- Explore how cloud computing is changing data processing, contracting and more
- Hear how app contracts are constructed and how to ensure agile development
Protecting privacy in the information era
- Get up to date on GDPR challenges
- How will international transfers change under the GDPR?
- ICO enforcement powers
- Digest the scope of the Investigatory Powers Act and how it will affect the legal industry
- Examine the new ePrivacy regulations
Exploring the frontier of IT Law
- Understanding liability on social media
- Jurisdictional considerations - where are you liable?
- FinTech and Blockchains are changing the financial world - make sure you're ready
- Lear how robotics, AI and computer learning is changing the legal practice
Enjoy four evenings of networking in historic Cambridge
- Get to know your new colleagues in a relaxed, informal setting
- Have fun punting on the scenic River Cam
- Dress up for a formal gala dinner in the historic dining hall
- Have a guided tour of historic Cambridge
During the day, delegates will have the chance to learn in a variety of formats including in-depth presentations, interactive group discussions, attention-grabbing case studies and practical workshops – ensuring that the topics are fully understood and covered from multiple angles.
This is by far the best course I have attended. Thoroughly enjoyable and the perfect combination between practical tips, intellectual stimulation and fun!
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert
Beautiful surroundings and wonderful evening activities. The lecturers were outstanding and the relaxed environment created an excellent opportunity to meet new lawyers and clients.
C E Fish
DLA Piper UK
Beautiful location, great opportunity to meet people in the same industry. Organised social activities were excellent. Fantastic course.
Great experience, more information about UK Law and practice, also we had chance to see the differences between UK practise and our practise (Kosovo).