IP Law Summer School
A unique and robust exploration of intellectual property, from fundamentals to advanced IP enforcement strategy
All-inclusive residential event - learn in several different formats during the day… and then reinforce that learning & make new connections with unique networking events in the evening
The perfect event for Intellectual Property specialists
The interactive 5-day residential IP Summer School will provide delegates with all the information they need to practice within the horizontal of intellectual property in a commercial and competent manner.
This interactive course will ensure you know both long-standing conventions, the latest updates, and best practice from some of the leading experts in the IP field.
The ideal event for people in a variety of different job roles that are looking for detailed and intensive guidance on all the key aspects of intellectual property.
Gain comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of IP
- Gain the introductory knowledge you need to kickstart your career in IP law
- Learn the fundamentals of international treaties that govern IP
- Understand the basics of patents, copyright, and trademarks
- Explore the basis that makes the internet such a difficult IP minefield (and a powerful enforcement tool)
- Explore the international world of patent filing and enforcement
- See how the Unified Patent System will change the way patents are challenged and defended
- Find out how to use freedom to operate as a positive force to drive innovation and when FTO becomes infringement
- Specialise your knowledge in one of two highly technical areas - the world of computers or pharmaceuticals
Copyright & Trademarks
- Compare and contrast the common law approach to civil law jurisdictions and learn to operate in both
- Why are databases protected under copyright and what does it mean for your copyright portfolio
- Gain practical knowledge of the WIPO Madrid protocol
- See how trademarks and designs are different and what it means for your portfolio
- How can conflicting jurisdictions be used in your favour?
Discuss whether patent protection is superior to confidentiality
Examine why alternative dispute resolution has become popular
Practical enforcement advice through streamed options - either a mock trial to the UPC or a trademark dispute using ADR
- Maximise the value of your IP through its licensing potential
- Stay compliant with international treaties and EU competition law
- Learn how to draft complex technology licensing deals
- Explore modern licensing and distribution options such as Open Access and Creative Commons and what they mean for your portfolio
- Spend a week in historic Cambridge meeting new colleagues
- Experience a gala dinner in the stunning dining hall
- Punt along the River Cam
- Form teams and compete in an entertaining quiz night