26 March 2019
etc.venues The Hatton,
The Future of International Arbitration
Is the legitimacy of arbitration under attack? Hear from experts and rising stars on the challenges to the sector and what arbitrators need to do to evolve
HEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING ARBITRATION & IN-HOUSE LEADERS:
The Future of International Arbitration will examine:
Defending the Legitimacy of Arbitration
- Outlining the threats: what attacks does arbitration face and how does this impact arbitration as a whole
- There are legitimate concerns regarding diversity, technology, and codification - this event will examine the business of arbitration, why it struggles and what changes can be made to improve it
Technology & Arbitration
- Learn about the opportunities provided by the legal tech on offer
- Going paperless and combating resistance to change
- Recognising the downsides and rationalising expectations
Encouraging Diversity in Arbitration
- Status of diversity initiatives within arbitration – and what can we learn from similar schemes in other areas?
- Conservatism in appointments – challenging the status quo and training the next generation
Grappling with In-House Counsel and Third Party Funding
- Hear from in-house counsel their perspective on arbitration and whether the process, and those involved in it, currently meet their needs
- Discuss the impact of third-party funding on arbitration: what's available, is there enough competition, and learn more about disclosure and conflicts of interest
- Find out how codification may be causing more problems than it resolves and discuss whether it should be combated or embraced
- Understand the challenges arbitrators face around ‘soft law’ - predictability vs flexibility
- Prague Rules on Taking Evidence
Regional Growth: A Focus on Africa
- The growth and challenges of arbitration in Africa: a focus on key industries and regions
- Update on African initiatives: hear from the Secretary-General of the African Arbitration Association
- What should Western European and US firms do to promote African arbitration?
HEAR WHAT PEOPLE HAD TO SAY ABOUT OTHER KNECT365 LAW EVENTS
The quality of the panels, the quality of the programme, the quality of the people here was terrific.
Partner, Baker Hostetler
Time out from the daily grind to be inspired and talk about pertinent issues with others.
General Counsel, ESB
We find the quality of the networking very valuable for us.
Partner, Kobre & Kim