26 March 2019
The Future of International Arbitration
Is the legitimacy of arbitration is under attack? Hear from experts and rising stars on the challenges to the sector and what arbitrators need to do to evolve
The Future of International Arbitration will examine:
Defending the Legitimacy of Arbitration
- Outlining the threats: what attacks does arbitration face and how does this impact arbitration as a whole
- There are legitimate concerns regarding diversity, technology, and codification - this event will examine the business of arbitration, why it struggles and what changes can be made to improve it
Technology & Arbitration
- Learn about the opportunities provided by the legal tech on offer
- Going paperless and combating resistance to change
- Recognising the downsides and rationalising expectations
Encouraging Diversity in Arbitration
- Status of diversity initiatives within arbitration – and what can we learn from similar schemes in other areas?
- Conservatism in appointments – challenging the status quo and training the next generation
Grappling with In-House Counsel and Third Party Funding
- Hear from in-house counsel their perspective on arbitration and whether the process, and those involved in it, currently meet their needs
- Discuss the impact of third-party funding on arbitration
- Understand the challenges arbitrators face when ‘soft law’ becomes inflexible and how codification may be causing more problems than it resolves
What’s Next? The Role of International Arbitration in the World Ahead
- Arbitration vs litigation - the pendulum swing
- Cooperation between arbitrators
- Threats on the horizon
- Continuing to innovate - what's next?
HEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING ARBITRATION & IN-HOUSE LEADERS:
HEAR WHAT PEOPLE HAD TO SAY ABOUT OTHER KNECT365 LAW EVENTS
Excellent conference well organised and well moderated by the chairman.
Head of Legal Services
Frank, informative debate, from broad range of industry experts.
Well organised event with high profile speakers.