Moderator: Ellis Baker - Head of Construction & Engineering Practice Group, WHITE & CASE
Aisha Nadar - Member, FIDIC BOARD
Michael Turrini - Head of Middle East Construction Group, WHITE & CASE
Michael Kenyon - Managing Director, BERKELEY RESEARCH GROUP
This session considers the phenomenon of construction disputes; what they are, how they occur and crucially, how they can be minimized and resolved with the greatest efficiency. Specifically, attention is focused on the FIDIC contractual provisions and their optimum operation. The aim is to equip the representatives and advisors of the Parties and the Engineer to make good choices in moving towards swift, cost effective resolution. Panellists will examine:
- What constitutes a ‘dispute’?
- How do construction disputes occur?
- The FIDIC Amicable Settlement provisions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution techniques
- International Arbitration under FIDIC - looking forward