Kai-Uwe Karl - Global Chief Litigation Counsel, GE RENEWABLE ENERGY
Daniel Garton - Partner, Construction & Engineering Group, London, WHITE & CASE
Jane Davies Evans - Barrister, 3VB BARRISTERS
Moderator Ellis Baker - Head of Construction & Engineering Practice Group, WHITE & CASE
This session considers the phenomenon of construction disputes; what they are, how they occur and crucially, how they can be minimized and resolved with the greatest efficiency. Specifically, attention is focused on the FIDIC contractual provisions and their optimum operation. The aim is to equip the representatives and advisors of the Parties and the Engineer to make good choices in moving towards swift, cost effective resolution. Panellists will examine:
- What constitutes a ‘dispute’?
- How do construction disputes occur?
- The FIDIC Amicable Settlement provisions
- Alternative Dispute Resolution techniques
- International Arbitration under FIDIC - looking forward