Vincent Leloup - Member, FIDIC CONTRACTS COMMITTEE
Simon Worley - Task Group Leader, FIDIC UPDATES TASK GROUP
Since the first Red Book was published in 1957 the Engineer has played a central role in the administration of a FIDIC contract. That role has evolved through the various editions and updates to reflect the myriad of changes in international construction projects over the years, and the latest 2017 editions of the Red and Yellow Books encapsulate that continuing Evolution. This session will chart that evolution and review some of the key changes to the Engineer's role to be found in the 2017 editions, covering:
- The historical role of the Engineer.
- The evolution of the role of the Engineer.
- The Engineer's role in today's international projects.
- A summary of the Engineer's role in the new 2017 editions of the Red and Yellow Books compared to the 1999 first edition versions.
- A detailed review of some of the key changes affecting the Engineer's role to be found in the new 2017 editions compared to the 1999 first editions.