Main Conference: 6 & 7 December 2016
Workshops: 5 & 8 December 2016
Millennium Gloucester Hotel,
FIDIC INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT USERS' CONFERENCE 2016
The Essential and Official Guide for Engineering & Construction Law Professionals to Successfully Use the FIDIC Suite of Contracts, Manage Major Projects and Resolve Disputes. By FIDIC, for FIDIC Users.
Featuring an exclusive preview of the 2017 Yellow Book Edition
Secure your authorised draft copy of the new Plant and Design-Build Contract ahead of publication
Exclusive offer to delegates registering before the end of September
As you will already know the FIDIC 1999 Suite of Contracts (Red Book, Yellow Book and Silver Book) is currently being updated for publication altogether very shortly. FIDIC concentrated on updating the Yellow Book 1999 first, and has continued this work by adopting harmonised changes for the updates of the Red Book and Silver Book. By reference to the conference pre-publication draft of the FIDIC Yellow Book 2017 Edition members of the FIDIC Contracts Committee will unveil the main changes to Yellow Book 1999 and explain why these changes were decided by FIDIC to be an improvement to its design-build form of contract. This is no doubt a highly anticipated event for the global construction industry and we invite you to be there to witness it.
Meet the 50+ FIDIC Experts Sharing Their Knowledge
Just Some of the unmissable new content on this year's agenda:
FIDIC "Work in Progress" Update & New Yellow Book Unveiled
Get the inside scoop on all that is new in the FIDIC Rainbow Suite including details of the new Plant and Design-Build Contract, now fully updated by the FIDIC Contracts Committee and ready for publication in 2017 alongside revised editions of the Red and Silver Books. This will be the first opportunity for users to see members of the FIDIC Contracts Committee unveil the main changes to Yellow Book 1999 edition and explain why these changes were decided by FIDIC to be an improvement to its design-build form of contract.
New Case Studies of FIDIC Application
Experienced FIDIC Contract Users will once again share lessons learnt in using FIDIC forms of contract to underpin some of the most challenging infrastructure projects. We have assembled a number of new case studies from different industries and geographies to help bring the benefits to life and to help you understand the practical challenges of FIDIC application in practice. Projects under review include a tunneling project in Ukraine and a hydro power plant in Pakistan, to name just a few, undertaken under Yellow, Red, Silver, and Gold Book forms of contract.
FIDIC's Official Guidance on Modifying FIDIC Conditions
This session will offer a first and exclusive insight into new FIDIC philosophy and official guidance on safely modifying FIDIC Conditions of Contract by maintaining the integrity of some of the "core" or golden FIDIC clauses in order to minimise disputes. The presenter will be drawn from the newly formed Task Group 15 on Golden Clauses whose remit it is to determine the limits of acceptable modification of clauses. Case studies on critical Do's and Dont's will be provided in the content of this session.
New FIDIC Contracts Due for Release & Updates You'll be Hearing About
- The new Dredging & Reclamation Contract, know as the Blue Book is now finalised and the head of that task force will be at hand to brief you on all that is new
- A new Renewables Contract is presently being developed by FIDIC and this will be your first opportunity to hear about the rationale for the project and some of the envisaged capabilities of the contract
- The new Tunneling Contract is also finalised and you'll get to hear an exclusive update on this by the chairman of the task group in charge of the project.
New Workshops on Key Areas for FIDIC Users
- A new pre-conference workshop on claims has been developed in order to give FIDIC users comprehensive training in this critical field. No questions will be left unanswered.
- A new half-day post-conference workshop on dealing with modified contracts under the new guidance will be on offer to ensure full understanding of FIDIC's new approach
- Our workshop on advanced dispute resolution strategies involves working through a new “mock dispute” that progresses through FIDIC’s dispute escalation provisions.
New Networking & Interaction Opportunities
- Meet like-minded FIDIC users at our new themed lunch tables to discuss common challenges in a number of key FIDIC areas of your choice
- We'll be hosting a new breakfast briefing, bringing together all of those users presently involved in or interested in learning more about the use of BIM in the context of FIDIC interfaces
- Delegates will benefit from a new event app through which you may submit questions to panelists and speakers as well as to message fellow users to facilitate contacts before, during and after the event
FIDIC International Contract Users' Conference in Numbers
Great New Venue for 2016!
This will be a particularly busy year for the conference in light of all the new content due to be unveiled at the event and we have therefore secured a larger than usual conference room in order to accommodate all delegates in comfort. The spacious Orchard Suite at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel has been secured as our main conference space for 2016 while themed lunches and evening entertainment will take place at the beautiful Conservatory room bathed in natural light.
You may also be interested in...
FIDIC Africa Contract Users' Conference
11 & 12 October 2016
International Construction Disputes Conference
4 & 5 October 2016
International Construction Law Postgraduate Diploma
Commences: 16 January 2017
By online distance learning