Main Conference: 11 - 12 October 2017
Workshops: 10 & 13 October 2017
AVANI Victoria Falls Resort,
FIDIC AFRICA CONTRACT USERS' CONFERENCE 2017
This official FIDIC conference is the largest event for FIDIC contract users in Africa. Don’t miss the authorised guide to successfully using the FIDIC suite of contracts, managing major projects and resolving disputes in the region.
Exclusive for this year! Full explanation of the main changes to the FIDIC Suite of Contracts included in the NEW 2017 Edition - Learn directly from the FIDIC Contracts Committee and the FIDIC Updates Task Groups
Meet the FIDIC Speakers & Experts Presenting in Livingstone in 2017
Are you ready for the new FIDIC 2017 Suite?
NEW FIDIC 2017 SUITE (YELLOW, RED & SILVER BOOKS), 2017 EDITION
As you will already know the FIDIC 1999 Suite of Contracts (Red Book, Yellow Book and Silver Book) is currently being updated. FIDIC concentrated on updating the Yellow Book 1999 first, and has continued this work by adopting harmonised changes for the updates of the Red Book and Silver Book. Members of the FIDIC Contracts Committee will discuss the main changes to Yellow Book 1999 and explain why these changes were decided by FIDIC to be an improvement to its design-build form of contract. This is no doubt a defining moment for the global construction industry involved with FIDIC and we invite you to join us to discover more about this exciting relaunch of FIDIC’s iconic suite of contracts.
Just some of the unmissable sessions at this essential FIDIC event:
FIDIC Rainbow Suite - 2017 Edition Update
Get the inside scoop on all that is new in the FIDIC Rainbow Suite including details of the new Plant and Design-Build Contract, now fully updated by the FIDIC Contracts Committee, alongside revised editions of the Red and Silver Books. This will be the first opportunity for users to see members of the FIDIC Contracts Committee unveil the main changes to the Yellow Book 1999 edition and explain why these changes were decided by FIDIC to be an improvement to its design-build form of contract.
New Case Studies by Leading African Experts
Experienced FIDIC Contract Users from the region will once again share lessons learnt in using FIDIC forms of contract to underpin some of the most challenging infrastructure projects in Africa. We have assembled a number of new case studies from different industries and countries to help bring the benefits to life and to help you understand the practical challenges of FIDIC application in practice. Projects under review to be announced soon. Watch this space for more information!
Managing Claims Under FIDIC Forms of Contract
A comprehensive session discussing how to minimise claims and, if the claims are disagreed, how to avoid contested claims from becoming disputes. Speakers will focus on claims and procurement, the different approaches to claim quantification in Civil and Common Law, the requirements for notices of claim, and much more besides. This will be of essential attendance for all those involved in projects underpinned by FIDIC forms of contract.
FIDIC Africa Contract Users' Conference in Numbers
New for 2017
Pre & Post-Conference Workshops on Key Areas of FIDIC
- Our ever-popular Introduction to FIDIC workshop will now include coverage of the main changes in the 2017 Edition of the Rainbow Suite and compare and contrast with 1999 features
- A new half-day post-conference workshop on dealing with modified contracts under the new guidance will be on offer to ensure full understanding of FIDIC's new approach
- Our workshop on advanced dispute resolution strategies involves working through a new “mock dispute” that progresses through FIDIC’s dispute escalation provisions.
Other Contracts Due for Release & Updates You'll be Hearing About
- The new Dredging & Reclamation Contract, known as the Blue Book is now finalised and FIDIC Contract Committee members will be at hand to brief you on all that is new
- A new Renewables Contract is presently being developed by FIDIC and this will be your first opportunity to hear about the rationale for the project and some of the envisaged capabilities of the contract
- The new Tunneling Contract is also finalised and you'll get to hear an exclusive update on this by the chairman of the task group in charge of the project.
New Networking & Interaction Opportunities
- Meet like-minded FIDIC users at our new themed lunch tables to discuss common challenges in a number of key FIDIC areas of your choice
- We'll be hosting two separate breakfast briefings, bringing together all of those users presently involved in or interested in learning more about the new Tunneling or Dredging & Reclamation Contracts
- Delegates will benefit from a new event app through which you may submit questions to panelists and speakers as well as to message fellow users to facilitate contacts before, during and after the event
Join us at the AVANI Resort in Victoria Falls
A 5-minute walk from “Mosi-oa-Tunya” (the Smoke that Thunders – Victoria Falls), the AVANI Victoria Falls Resort provides guests with affordable luxury accommodation. The hotel offers modern conference facilities, and is also positioned close to the world famous waterfalls. There is wi-fi access in all bedrooms and conference rooms. A traditional Marimba Band performs during lunch at the poolside and a Resident Band perform at the poolside every evening. Stunning wildlife around the resort includes zebras, giraffes, impalas monkeys and other wildlife.
I was impressed by the overall quality of the presentations, covering a wide range of issues found by FIDIC users either in Africa or any other continent. Holistic approach to FIDIC.
The conference has been a great success. All the speakers at the conference are experts in their fields and provided in-depth knowledge of all issues.
H. Kashoki Manda
Millennium Challenge Account Zambia
The conference and workshops has given me an insight on how to select type of contracts, transfer risks and manage claims.
Ministry of Local Government & Housing