Monday 7th to Friday 11th August 2017
EU Competition Law Summer School
A unique conference delving into all aspects of EU competition law to ensure comprehensive and wide-ranging knowledge
All-inclusive residential event - learn in several different formats during the day… and then reinforce that learning & make new connections at the evening activities
Gain a broad and comprehensive understanding of EU competition law in just 5 intensive, immersive days!
Looking to move into competition law and want to know what it's all about? Moving to a different department internally and need to know what the latest happenings are? Returning to competition law after a practice break in another field and want to top up your knowledge?
The EU Competition Law Summer School is perfect.
Leading instructors from across Industry and private practice are here to ensure that you have all the knowledge and tools you need to effectively shape a career in competition law. More interactive than ever before and now in its 19th year, the EU Competition Law Summer School is the vital course for in-house and private practitioners alike.
Reinforce your knowledge of vital competition law concepts
Key EU Competition Law Topics
- The purposes of EU competition law
- Article 101
- Public and private enforcement: the key introduction
- Article 102 and the other treaty provisions
- Merger control
- State Aid
- Enforcement agencies
Practice and Principles of EU Merger Control: An Introduction
- Objectives of EU merger control
- EU merger control in context
- Jurisdiction - determining your appropriate filing jurisdiction
- Procedure and process at DG Comp
- How does the Commission analyse mergers?
- Review and appeal of merger decisions
Private Enforcement of Competition Law
- The Damages Directive
- Standalone and follow-up litigation
- For claimants
- For defendants
- For third parties
Unique multi-format learning and networking experience
During the day, delegates will have the chance to learn in a variety of formats including in-depth presentations, interactive group discussions, attention-grabbing case studies and practical workshops – ensuring that the topics are fully understood and covered from multiple angles.
And each evening is devoted to a different networking activity. Extra time that you can use to connect with the speakers and your international peers, to reinforce your learning, exchange ideas and let's not forget… to relax and enjoy your learning experience.
An intensive course, presented by more than 20 of the finest instructors from across industry and practice
New This Year
Digital Markets, E-Commerce and Innovation: A New Competition Law Nexus
- The E-commerce sector enquiry
- Competition in the digital single market
- Update on recent cases and policy
- Innovation and competition law
A Key Dawn Raids Case Study
- How to cope when a surprise raid is mounted
- Dealing with privacy and data
- Know your rights and responsibilities
- Engaging with the authorities positively
The IP and Competition Law Surgery
- Bring your questions to our expert panel
- Dissect the issues that vex you
- From your problems, draw out solutions
The subject coverage, the setting and the quality of the speakers was top notch. Overall it was stimulating, thought provoking and of real practical benefit
Fantastic combination of theory and practice
Caribbean Court of Justice
Great speakers, very interesting audience, nice setting, impeccable organisation
The mixture of case studies, presentations, papers and materials was excellent and facilitated learning!
Brilliant group, highly qualified lecturers, beautiful settings, five days of learning. Highly recommend it
Swedish Competition Authority