Fundamentals Day: Monday 2 September 2019
Main Summer School: Tuesday 3 - Friday 6 September 2019
Gonville & Caius College,
Construction Law Summer School
A unique summer school delving into all aspects of international construction law to ensure comprehensive and wide-ranging knowledge
All-inclusive residential event - learn in several different formats during the day… and then reinforce that learning & connect with your peers at the evening activities
The fundamental event for international construction law
The interactive 5-day residential Construction Law Summer School will provide an insightful review of key developments in international construction law and the legal changes affecting the industry.
Experts will discuss international initiatives, legal trends, contract forms and standards in best practice.
Reviewing real cases from across the globe and practical examples, each day of the event will focus on particular topical issues to prepare you for future challenges in your everyday work.
The ideal event for people in a variety of different job roles that are looking for detailed and intensive guidance on all the key aspects of international construction and engineering law.
Get the full picture - the speakers at the 2019 Construction Law Summer School include:
Gain essential and comprehensive legal knowledge in just five days with this construction law course - 2019 topics include:
Compare and Contrast Jurisdictions
- Explore key jurisdictional differences across the globe
- Gain insight from global experts on how to tackle differences in legal codes and practices
- Learn the best negotiation practices for international projects
- Explore key emerging markets including
- The Middle East
- People's Republic of China
- Become proficient in the art of taking over across jurisdictions
Understand the Difference Between the Contract Forms to Gain an Advantage
- Find out about the new FIDIC contracts
- NEC4 is coming - what will this mean for you?
- Discover how to negotiate EPC contracts
- A look at FIDIC alternatives - are they viable?
- Understand the issues surrounding terminations under FIDIC and differing legal codes
- Experience an in-depth workshop on time & delay led by a globally recognised expert
An Authoritative Take on Dispute Resolution
- Hear about hot-tubbing and the international possibilities within the modern Technology and Construction Court
- Understand the contractual possibilities (and learn which one to choose)
- Garner insight into the status and procedures of dispute boards
- Discover alternative dispute resolution and what it means for your construction projects
Make Sure You Understand Procurement and Payment Options
- Gain a firm understanding of EU procurement regulation and best practices
- Understand the differences between bonds, advance payment bonds, and guarantees
- Master the key insurance law issues you need to know
- Find out the key differences between Construction Acts around the world and how they affect your payments
Learning Mechanics for Everyone
- Experience presentations designed to impart the knowledge you need using real-life examples
- Get involved in hands-on workshops moderated by experts
- Ask questions throughout and participate in debates
- Use case studies to see what happened and what could have been done differently
Network with Industry Experts
- Spend four days in historic Cambridge connecting with your peers from across the globe
- Show off your knowledge in a legal-themed quiz night
- Take part in a traditional Cambridge punt
- Step into the historic, candle-lit dining room for a formal gala dinner
UNIQUE MULTI-FORMAT LEARNING AND NETWORKING EXPERIENCE
During the day, delegates will have the chance to learn in a variety of formats including in-depth presentations, interactive group discussions, attention-grabbing case studies and practical workshops – ensuring that the topics are fully understood and covered from multiple angles.
The evenings are devoted to networking activities. Extra time that you can use to connect with the speakers and your international peers, to reinforce your learning, exchange ideas and let's not forget… to relax and enjoy your learning experience