Telecoms Day: Tuesday 17 October 2017
New Technology & Media Day: Wednesday 18 October 2017
Competition Law and Regulation in the Telecoms, Media & Technology Sector
In-depth analysis of the legal and regulatory consequences of technological advances. Delivered by top legal minds from across the sectors.
Two separately bookable days: Day 1 - Telecoms Sector; Day 2 - New Technology and Media. Together the two days offer you the ultimate guide to the competition law and regulatory challenges that are unique to the TMT sector
Highlights at our 23rd annual Competition Law in the TMT Sector conference include:
New technologies are creating new opportunities and challenges for the TMT sector, which regulation and competition law are only just trying to catch up with.
As the European Commission turns its attention to technology giants such as Google with an unprecedented €2.42 billion fine, it is essential for all regulatory and competition lawyers in the industry to understand how the Commission's policies are evolving.
Day 1: Competition Law and Regulation in the Telecoms Sector
- A view from the Commission
- Review of the current regulatory landscape including the updated Electronic Communications Code
- 5G auction
- Panel discussion: practical considerations arising from current regulation
- Dominance issues in the TMT sector
- Merger: convergence and consolidation
- Zero rating and net neutrality
- Enforcement trends across Europe
Day 2: New Technology and Media: Regulation and Competition Law Challenges
- European Commission's priorities
- Digital single market initiative and e-commerce sector inquiry
- Content rights and geoblocking
- Artificial intelligence and big data
- Pricing algorithms and collusion
- Mergers in the media sector
- Data Retention Directive
- Panel discussion: new technology and media
Key cases and investigations covered:
- German Facebook investigation
- Deutsche Telekom investigation
- E-commerce sector inquiry
- Pay TV cases
- Sky/21st Century Fox
Benefit from top legal minds from across the TMT sector. Speakers at this year's Competition Law in the Telecoms, Media & Technology Sector event include:
Why attend the Competition Law and Regulation in the Telecoms, Media and Technology Sector conference?
"Very good overall update of this area of law"
L Dreaden, BSkyB
"I felt it to be well rounded, covering a myriad of events and issues that are at times controversial"
J McGowan, Vartec Telecom
"Very good structure of presentations; international approach of competition law issues.”
I Ratescu, Schoenherr