September 18 - 20, 2019
Convene at 810 Seventh Avenue,
New York, USA
Asset Recovery America
Fraud Litigation, Contentious Insolvency & Enforcement
Developed by the industry for the industry. Value for money. Impartial speaker faculty.
CORE VALUES & WHAT TO EXPECT FOR 2019:
Exciting, new and different for an asset recovery and fraud conference!
Nick Leeson - The Man Who Literally Broke The Bank
Long before it became fashionable, The Original ‘Rogue Trader’ lost £860m of Baring Banks money - Spending four years languishing in a Singaporean jail, Nick single handedly toppled the the UK's oldest investment bank, a 233 year old financial institution.
An Icarus-like tale of unchecked risk-taking and obsession with success, Nick recounts his compelling and still cautionary story without making any excuses for his wrong-doing.
Case Study - Not To Be Missed!
Whistleblowers – friend or foe? How to assess and manage whistle blowers:
- Employee of a Latin American subsidiary of a US group blows the whistle on a local director is sub-contracting with his family's business, grossly overpaying for services.
- The monies have been paid offshore.
- The company has delivered sub-standard services to the local state owned energy company, and the director has bribed officials so that they don't complain.
A Few Agenda Highlights
- Liar, liar – the courts' approach to evidence in civil, US and common law systems
- Whose fault is it anyway? Balancing the need to recover assets with criminal and regulatory risks
- Insolvency – pandora's box, or a key litigation advantage?
- Offshore insolvency, onshore assets
- When the law changes – new bankruptcy codes in different jurisdictions
By The Industry For The Industry
The speakers and agenda have been identified and selected by an independent advisory board with the sole aim of providing the industry with a cost effective, impartial and content focused event. This conference is predicated on the quality of the coverage on offer.
Value For Money
At a price unparalleled in the industry this is a must attend event. Take advantage of any of the networking events associated with the conference at no additional cost. Mix and mingle in a relaxed environment with your peers, colleagues and potential clients.
Impartial Speaker Faculty
Speakers have been selected purely on their credibility, knowledge and expertise. There is no other factor utilised in the compilation of the speaker line-up. It will offer delegates unparalleled analysis of the latest trends, thinking and developments in the industry.
2019 US EXPERTS & INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE
Offshore & LatAm Speakers
Daniel Carnio Costa
First Bankruptcy Court of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo State Court of Justice (Brazil)
THE ASSET RECOVERY AMERICA EXPERIENCE
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ATTENDANCE AND JOIN US AT OUR CONFERENCE NETWORKING ACTIVITIES!
Take the opportunity to connect with the speakers and rub shoulders with your fellow attendees at the pre-conference drinks reception on 18th September 2019. As well as our drinks reception and conference dinner on 19th September.
Details to follow soon via the links below: