MEET THE ADVISORY BOARD AND CHAIRS FOR THE EVENT
Declan Magennis, Director, BDO CRI (Cayman) Ltd
Oren Warshavsky, Partner, BakerHostetler
Ros Prince, Partner, Stephenson Harwood
Steven F. Molo, Partner, MoloLamken LLP
Stephane Bonifassi, Avocat, Bonifassi Avocats
Donald Manasse, Founding Partner, Donald Manasse Law Offices
40+ LEADING US, LATIN AMERICAN AND INTERNATIONAL SPEAKERS
Joshua Bruckerhoff, Reid Collins Tsai - USA
Carlos Ramos-Mrosovsky, ALSTON & BIRD- USA
Charles Scibetta, Chaffetz Lindsey LLP - USA
Adam Hoffinger, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP - USA
Jeremy Wallison, Wallison & Wallison LLP - USA
Steven Paradise,Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP - USA
Henrique Forssell, Krikor Kaysserlian Duarte e Forssell Advogados Associados - BRAZIL
David M. Mizrachi, MDU Legal - PANAMA
Alejandro Pignataro, Pignataro Abogados - COSTA RICA
Bernardo Porras, Hughes & Hughes - URUGUAY
Marco Tulio Venegas, Von Wobeser & Sierra, SC - MEXICO
Narghis Torres, LexFinance - PERU
Babajide Ogundipe, Sofunde, Osakwe, Ogundipe & Belgore - NIGERIA
Keith Azopardi QC, TSN Barristers & Solicitors - GIBRALTAR
Nada Abdelsater-Abusamra, AbdelSater AbuSamra & Associates (ASAS LAW) - LEBANON
Andriy Stelmashchuk, VASIL KISIL AND PARTNERS - UKRAINE
Hiroo Advani, Advani & Co. - INDIA
Who will you meet?
Both the audience and speaking faculty will primarily comprise of a combination of local and regional US firms as well as Latin American firms to ensure that it is a truly pan-American, industry driven event that caters to the needs of the market.
Additionally as exhibited by our highly successful events in Dublin and Singapore the conference will also attract the leading insolvency practitioners, civil fraud practitioners and litigators from across the globe.
Day 1: Key sessions
- Where to sue a fraudster? US, common law and civil courts' approach to founding jurisdiction in cross border fraud cases
- Preserving assets – freezing and other preservation orders available in the US, common law and civil systems (and the pitfalls in international litigation)
- Privilege in multi-jurisdictional fraud and asset recovery litigation – how to navigate different rules and protect your client
Day 2: Not to be missed
- Enforcement and recognition – global perspectives
- Claw back claims in cross border insolvencies – who has jurisdiction, what can you get back, and how?
- Getting redress for victims – prosecutors, liquidators and civil fraud lawyers
- Transnational corruption – Odebrecht, Lava Jato, and other international scandals
CORE VALUES OF OUR EVENTS:
Exciting, new and different for an asset recovery and fraud conference!
By the Industry for the Industry
The speakers and agenda have been identified and selected by an independent advisory board with the sole aim of providing the industry with a cost effective, impartial and content focused event. This conference is predicated on the quality of the coverage on offer.
Value for money
At a price unparalleled in the industry this is a must attend event. Take advantage of any of the networking events associated with the conference at no additional cost. Mix and mingle in a relaxed environment with your peers, colleagues and potential clients.
Impartial speaker faculty
Speakers have been selected purely on their credibility, knowledge and expertise. There is no other factor utilised in the compilation of the speaker line-up. It will offer delegates unparalleled analysis of the latest trends, thinking and developments in the industry.