Main Conference: 21 & 22 November 2017
Private Enforcement Focus Day: 20 November 2017
Moot Court and Compliance Workshop: 23 November 2017
Le Plaza Hotel,
Advanced EU Competition Law, Brussels Conference
The Definitive EU Competition Law Review. Connecting Europe’s Competition Law Community For 26 Years.
All the key updates in European competition law - direct from those involved. You name it, we have it covered.
Why come to Advanced EU Competition Law Brussels?
- Practical solutions
- The finest speakers
- The key issues explored
Hot topics for 2017 include...
Competition Law in the Digital Environment
- The E-commerce sector enquiry - results and developments
- Big data after Facebook/WhatsApp
- Regulation of online markets
- Preparing a company for a dawn raid
- Practical tips when dealing with dawn raids
- Strategic decisions and considerations
- Preserving and dealing with forensic evidence collection
Cartels: Lessons from Recent Investigations
- Recent investigations and decisions
- The last year at the NCAs
- Leniency in different jurisdictions
- Complex cartels
Featuring our now famous double act of Johan Ysewyn (Covington and Burling) and Maria Jaspers (European Commission)
Meet and network with our leading speakers from across practice and industry
Join the best speakers and practitioners for a range of interactive panels, addresses and networking opportunities. Take advantage of their expert knowledge, and learn how you can apply their experiences to your own practice and business.
Workshops and Focus Day
Private Enforcement of Competition Law Focus Day
Join us for our focus day looking at the Private Enforcement of Competition Law in Europe.
Highlights of the Focus Day include:
- Updates from the Commission and National Authorities on the Damages Directive
- A session on the calculation of damages
- An examination of issues around confidentiality and access to documents
- Strategies for defendants and claimants
Competition Law Moot Court
Come along and watch our experts working through a competition law case. Pick up tips from masters in their field. A guided tour of best practice and courtroom strategy, covering many of the key practical issues of competition law cases, and touching on some of the more innovative thinking currently about.
- Practical demonstrations of best practice in cases
- A 'guided tour' of competition law in practice
- Issues explained
Practical Competition Compliance Workshop
A key workshop on compliance, looking at several aspects of shoring up your competition compliance programmes.
Join our distinguished panel to consider issues such as:
- Using competition compliance toolkits to develop your compliance programme
- Internal investigations and external authorities
- Dawn raids
- The risks of information exchange
- Taking your programme beyond the legal team
- Publicity and reputation in compliance
A very efficient way to keep up to date with developments across a broad range of topics.
A true ‘essential facility’ in EU competition law.
Provides information of great practical relevance and really adds value to my day-to-day in-house practice!
Dr. Beatrice Vos
Eli Lilly and Company
If you need to go to one update conference on competition law – go to this one!
A super one-stop shop to having a briefing on major recent developments.