Main Conference: 21 & 22 November 2017
Workshop: 20 November 2017
ABC Minds International - The Anti-Bribery & Corruption Conference
Featuring in-house anti-corruption leaders, specialist advisors, and leading anti-corruption agencies from across Europe and beyond
Three days. Anti-corruption experts from across the industries and the globe. One question: how can we fight corruption in the digital age
Meet the top anti-corruption champions that designed this ground breaking event...
Anti-Corruption, Fraud, and Compliance Experts From Across The World All Under One Roof
Join the best and brightest minds in ABC and compliance to discuss how best to fight corruption across the world. We will be tackling the most important issues of the digital and global age including cyber-fraud, machine learning, and working in new and vastly different jurisdictions. Ensure you stay compliant across the world with global experts.
With record breaking fines from China, the US, and the EU, can you afford to miss ABC Minds International?
ABC Minds International will be looking at issues from across the world. It will tackle the latest legal updates, examine the growing anti-corruption regime in China, and aim to deliver key knowledge on important jurisdictions.
- Hear from some of the largest multi-national companies on working across jurisdictions from the US to South Korea and understand how to coordinate your multi-jurisdictional ABC program
- Learn to manage the risk of using agents in foreign jurisdictions, and what to do if a third-party causes an infraction
- Discover the best practices for ensuring multi-national M&A success, before the transaction and continuously to ensure compliance integration success
- Find out the best practices, key legal considerations, and alternative resolution mechanics when dealing with cross-border investigations
Data - The Future of Investigations
Algorithms, big data, machine Learning: the digital age is well and truly upon us. Don't let your compliance systems lag behind - hear from the pioneers in the field of data to make sure your compliance system is as efficient and robust as possible.
- How much data is too much? Avoid data overload and make sure you don't infringe upon privacy rights
- Discover the cutting edge tools and latest legal thinking on machine learning algorithms that adapt as your company changes
- Identify the digital indicators of ABC breaches and how computers can integrate this automatically into board reporting
- Discuss how national and international data protection laws impact on the effectiveness of Big Data
Minimising the Human Risk
Prevention is the best defence against corrupt behaviour. Hear from ethics experts, psychologists, and top policy curators on how to change attitudes and internalise anti-corruption practices.
- Understand where ABC policies fail and become chores for staff and boxes to check for executives
- Learn how to internalise anti-corruption and fundamentally change behaviour of high-risk individuals for the better
- Maximise the board's role to ensuring compliance is a two-way street
- Discover why good people do bad things, how to encourage whistleblowing, and what you can do to ensure individuals are listened to and protected
Keep Up with Global Attitude and Regulation Changes
As corruption scandals rock the world, governments and regulators must react in kind. Stay compliant, learn how new regulations will change reporting, and ensure your systems are robust enough to avoid corporate & personal liability.
- Hear from the OECD on the G20 Anti-Corruption Action Plan
- Tackle the thorny anti-corruption regime of the PRC. Learn about executive personal liability and how to minimise corruption risk
- Hear from the FCA on the application of the Criminal Finances Act and what constitutes as reasonable prevention procedures
- Learn more about developments from continental Europe, including Sapin II
Practical Session: Learn from Real-World Errors and Discuss New Implementation Techniques
Come to our pre-conference workshop for a hands-on approach to learning about modern anti-corruption issues, explore alternative and effective techniques to training and policy internalisation, and have a plenary discussion with some of the top names in anti-corruption.
- Hear real stories from executives caught in recent corruption scandals, investigators who unearthed the issues, and those who were brought in to remedy the situation
- Get involved with practical business games to refine your understanding of corruption, as well as learn vital new techniques for internal training
- Become directly involved in the discussion with a plenary discussion and debate on the topics from earlier in the day
Network with a Prestigious Group of Anti-Corruption Experts From Across the World
Take part in a truly international discussion with C-level executives from all corners of the world in this truly ground-breaking gathering of anti-corruption individuals and advisory bodies.
- Join us for a breakfast briefing arranged by industry to ensure you meet the people with the knowledge you need to make your ABC system a success
- Continue the conversation from the workshop at the cocktail reception
- Embark on a cruise of the River Thames for a special evening of canapés, cocktails, and anti-corruption conversation
- Get away from the crowd in our dedicated networking areas (subject to availability)
Top Industry Speakers
ABC of the Future
Learn how to implement big data, machine learning and AI into your policy making to prevent and investigate corrupt practices. Hear about the latest training methods, psychological understanding, and regulatory rules surrounding internalising anti-corrupt behaviour within staff. Discuss best practices when using third-party agents in foreign jurisdictions, conducting business in cash-based economies, and how best to navigate supply chain due diligence.
An interesting, thought provoking and relevant course. Recommended to any fraud manager/investigator.
Financial Crime Officer
Good Mix of theory & practical guidance.
Principle Investigating Lawyer
The material was instructive and enabled a good deal of considered actions to take back to the business for review and implementation.
Head of Legal & Compliance
The quality and knowledge of the speakers makes this event well worth attending. A must for compliance and sanctions professionals.
DQ Advocated Limited
Very interesting and insightful - highly credible and intellectual course content with real cases.
Operational Risk Manager
Universities Superannuation Scheme